Think Straight helps readers to make a clear mindset that lead them to make better decisions in life.This book help you to improve your thinking skills for getting goals in life.Here is detailed Darius Foroux Think Straight Summary for you guys.
“Think Straight:Change Your Thoughts ,Change Your Life “is self help book by Darius Foroux that elucidates plenty of worth lessons that probably impact readers life.He had many others great books.
- Do it today (Click)
Darius Foroux Think Straight Summary
- For clear understanding we had summarized all chapters in an easy way.
You become what you think
In this chapter of book, you’ll learn about some top influencers like Williams James back from 19th century who went through depression in his life.Author shared how his life changed as he read Charles Renouvier who believes that our thoughts leads to actions.
From this chapter as a reader,here are some points you’ll get:
- Try to control your thoughts
- If our false thought prevail over us,soon we’ll end up badly
- Try to give value to those thoughts that seems valuable
Why do we need a book on practical thinking?
In this chapter you’ll go through some author opinions about some decision making books.He believe they ain’t give you the practical evaluation.Think Straight by Darius foroux had plenty of ideas ,stories that help you in making decisions just by controlling your thought process.
Use What Works
This chapter gives overview that most of our problems solved if we focus on ideas and use brain properly.
- Author shared his story that kind motivated me that once he wasn’t a good thinker and had given up until he controlled his thoughts process.
Clear Thinking Requires training
There you’ll get like muscle mind also need rest.Author says that he tried to watch Netflix when he got tired but then he realized the exercise that keep your mind relax is just control your thinking.
- As reader you’ll love this chapter when you learn that how beautifully author described random thoughts in diagram form.
From Chaos To Clarity
Darius foroux moved to london back in 2014 and he struggled so much for getting apartment.He shared how his wife ignored his idea about renting apartment but then she allowed him.
- You’ll get proper info from the book that how he stood straight in such situation and made decision according to moment.
A brief history of Thinking
You’ll get one term “pragmatism”in this book.What is pragmatism?it’s basically how we think.
You’ll learn in this chapter about Socrates who always believed he knew nothing at all.Author emphasize readers to write down their thoughts.You’ll learn Henry Ford concept on thinking.
Life isn’t linear
This chapter tells you life isn’t a straight line but it’s full of ups and downs.This chapter had author incident when he invested properly in real estate in his hometown.
- This part of book motivate you if you had felt demotivated plus you want to pursue real estate in life.
Our brain got inputs and sends outputs.Author labelled this concept in dots form and he says try to connect these dots.He shared Steve Jobs lesson that for connecting dots to your future try to learn always.
Filter Your Thoughts
This chapter start with term “Heuristic“.What does heuristic mean?Well it’s the trick or strategy to solve our issues.
Author highlighted many types of heuristic but one I loved is heuristic of familiarity that says future can’t be like past.This motivate me as a reader to improve at every point.
This chapter teaches readers to stop thinking excess that leads to depression like what others think?Does she like me? What if I’ll get disease?You need to ignore such thoughts.
Inside your control vs outside your control
- You’ll get idea there of things you can control like your action or words and things you can’t like others opinions.
Don’t trust your mind
The chapter summarizes an idea that try to make your decisions on facts.Further,author elucidates types of decisions.They can be good or bad.
You’ll learn a term“attentional bias”and it’s our perception how we see things that leads to our thoughts and thought leads action.
Look at Facts
We mostly assume situations in our life.Haven’t you assume about your business?Well,author says try to make your decisions on facts not on assumptions because assumptions mostly rely on beliefs while facts are just pure research and knowledge.
True vs untrue
There you’ll learn that sometimes facts ain’t truth.Author in this part shared his thoughts on various things that mostly people thought differently.
Take your time to think
This chapter tells us to think slowly,so we’ll come up with better decisions.Author shared Derek Sivers who had concept that he’s slow thinker.He once got emails from fans and he tried to leave all such stuff or came up with answers to fans questions.He tried second step and took time to think and came with answers.
- This sets example for readers to make decisions very precisely.
No more quick decisions
This chapter mostly tells us to make decisions when we finish work.
- For example if you’re doing your task and someone ask you about trip.Don’t say yes quickly.Take time and then made decision.
Draw your thoughts
Most of old civilized people communicated through drawings.Darius Foroux is a blogger and he shared his life moment how he draw his thoughts in picture form.This book is full of such amazing concepts.
Be Yourself (not what you should be)
This part of become mostly resonates self help aspect and prompt readers to identify their potentials.Author talks about how some decisions in life cost him badly but then self awareness helped him.
Take time to reflect
This chapter tells readers to give time to yourself.Try to write journals.This had plenty of impacts and one of them is it helps us in making progress by just knowing ourself.
My Money Rules
Author tells his opinion on money.Some are:
- Never be in debt
- Don’t waste money
- Invest properly
- Save it
- This chapter is full of author personal life experiences and his choices.
Don’t try to think your way out of everything
Try to free yourself from shackles of excessive thoughts that are ruining your mental peace.Try to do mediate or exercise.
- In modern day,we are so much concerned about various things.This had destroyed our inner calm.This chapter is for those who need to get their inner peace back.
This chapter seems difficult to me.Author shared his opinion on conventional thinking way.In conventional way that was developed by B.Franklin that try to write pros and cons of anything before taking decision.
- On the author hand,author says try to do any thing or simply ignore it.
- This concept is quite different from conventional thinking style.Darius Foroux discussed properly in the book.
Don’t ask why
This chapter teaches readers that don’t stop asking why to their mistakes.Author shared his life incident where he lost dollars just by mailing wrong clients.
Think about details even more
Checking detail in mandatory.Author tells how he took 15 months on writing this book “think Straight”.He even changed name of book title multiple times to make it unique.This book got good response from his fans with title name of “think Straight“.
Take thinking out of equation
We know our actions have more worth than thinking.Author shared how he challenged his over weight by following rules.
Don’t live with regrets
Darius foroux in this chapter shares how his grandmother missed her past in her last days.Author tells us these lessons:
- Regret on what you had not done like you had to get your work complete
- Don’t think about others and do what you love
Never look back
Try to enjoy the moments and never look back.Try to learn lessons from your past.
- This chapter tells you to think of things from last that motivate you like your phone, clothes and compare them with present.This help you to go for change in life.
Spend Your time well
- Time is most valuable thing we all have.Make sure to give value to effective thoughts.
- Try to visualize yourself in future and think on how you solve your problem and overcome business problems.
This type of thinking in our time leads to great outcomes.You can read book on “time management”.(eat that frog)
This chapter emphasize that by controlling our thinking we can get inner calm.
Think before yourself
It’s last part of book that shares Charles pierce incident how he got helped from his friend James William.
- James William discussed pragmatism and gave credit to Charles pierce who was struggling in his bad phase of life.
This chapter give lesson that try to think for others and do those things that can create difference.
Think Straight Book Review
Overall its a good one book.Best thing I loved about this book is it’s simple yo read even you can finish it in one hour.
- Further,Darius Foroux did great work by just making drawings of some concepts that otherwise was difficult to understand.
- Secondly,the way other shared his life incidents inspired me.
If you’re looking for some good book recommendation on decision making or controlling your thinking,I think you must check this one.
Conclusion:Darius Foroux Think Straight Summary
Think straight(Change your thoughts,change your life)by Darius Foroux explores themes of making decisions precisely, dominating over your thinking,spending time well and seeking facts instead of false beliefs.
Overall it’s great work of writing.If you had loved our article,share it on social media.For more visit.