Do it Today is remarkable best selling book that assists readers to take action in life.This book gonna help you to unlock your true potential for getting goals.Further,if you’re facing procrastination,then you should read this one.Here in this article I’m going to discuss Do it Today Summary,review and eye catchy take aways from this book.
It’s wonderful book on Productivity that was written by Darius Foroux.He’s famous blogger who had plenty of articles that elucidates topics like investment, productivity and habits.
He also do podcasts on the demand of his followers.
Theme:Do It Today
This book has 3 Parts or themes:
- Beating procrastination
- Increasing productivity
- Getting meaningful things in life
These all 3 sections had various lessons that help you but we summarize them below fully.
Do it Today Summary
Have you experience during work that lil bit distraction astray you from completing your tasks.If so,then you and author both are quite similar and here in this book he describes how he wasted so much time in life and how he tackled such things.
Beating The Procrastination
Many of philosophers had called procrastination as foe of success.We often delay our tasks by saying we’ll do it after some time.
For example,if you have to exercise and you’re watching tv, probably you’ll say I’ll do it later.Author says to us that try to do your tasks today(do them instantly).Morever you’ll read that our mental strength defines our productivity.Try to indulge your self in habits like reading, exercise and mediation.
- BOOK ON PROCRASTINATION VISIT
Our brain allow many ideas to enter in it.As plenty of information occupy Brain,our memory limit try to consume up.Author try to say we should allow those ideas to brain that have some good outcomes and try to eliminate negative things.
Let me tell you a key points here.Many people advised author to start YouTube channel.So he did and got good response but then he realized he was wasting so much time there and didn’t get much time for journals.
It’s a lesson for us don’t allow distractions to enter as they retard our focus and remember focus leads to productivity(Books on focus).
From the book Do it Today,you’ll learn author says try to remember your past memories.Good things in the past makes us motivated.There is science behind it.This leads to increase level of serotonin (a neurotransmitter)that lifts your mood.This simple mind exercise helps you getting back your focus and you’ll work on tasks better.
Procrastination Side Effects
From the book you’ll get idea that procrastination leads to a poor personality as well as researches proved it bring depression and anxiety and you know what depression can cause(really bad thing).
- Here are some tips to avoid procrastination:
- Try to set up rules in life
- Prioritizing the mandatory work
- Follow those habits that motivate you or make your mind heathy.For e.g diet, exercise.
- Read books
- Minimize excess social media usage
Author also shared a good thing I loved about this book that every evening try to set what you’ll do next day.He recommend try to divide this into small 30 minutes.
- First 10 minutes write down your thoughts or takes you will do tomorrow
- Next 10-20 assume what you’ll wear tomorrow and how you’ll do your task
- Last 10 minutes visualize the task.
Productivity defines how much we are loyal to our work.Author highlighted habits of unproductive people in book.If you have any of them,try to eliminate:
Author experienced this in his life.He was also worrying so much like how I’ll do this?why it need to be done?He had such excess thoughts in brain.This thing protects us from doing tasks.
Author is blogger and sometimes he was checking stats too much.He offers readers to stop checking notifications like fb excess.This is the prime example of time waste.
As a reader if you’re facing this, eliminate this habit.
Most of unproductive people when they face any calamity in life they simply close their eyes.They ain’t able to tackle problem or solve it.This bad habits also leads to procrastination.
Always Say Yes
Sometimes saying “no”is need of hour.As human you can’t always say yes”.If some tasks are not good,say no to them.
Never Stop Learning
Unproductive people think after completing education that learning stops here.Author somehow also believed this in past but he emphasize that for getting your goals,you need to go ahead and never stop learning.
How To increase productivity?
Author shares some keys for increasing productivity:
- Minimize excess use of smartphone
- Try to read interesting books
- Start slowly in life but with rules
- Take vacations(like phone need recharge,our brain also need recharge).
- Try to take breaks in your work.
- Write down what you think
- Resist distractions
Getting Meaningful Things
The last past of book summarizes how to get meaningful things hings in life.
Reading 100 Books a year
Author describes how one can read 100 books in a year:
- Read again after finishing book till it become habit
- Buy more books so you have more choices
Manage Attention,Not Time
We can manage our attention but can’t our time.We control those things that distract us like app notifications.Even most of us can’t focus more than 10-15 minutes because our dopamine has been utilized at wrong work.
How to get meaningful things in Life?
Here are some tips that you can apply for getting meaningful things in the life:
- Set your aims
- Know the worth of your task
- Try to be risky and take actions
- Plan before you take start
- Do mind calming exercise that motivate you
Take Aways From The Book
Do it today collectively summarize these points:
- Never procrastinate or waste time
- Know your responsibility in life
- Try to read books
- Never worry excessive
- Try to solve your issues
- Try to take breaks if you feel bore
- Remember past positive events
- Time Block(concept I’ll do this today until that time).
- Write what you think(plans)
Do it Today Review
Do it today mostly like other self help books help you how to overcome or beat procrastination and getting goals.The only thing that separate it from rest of other books are:
- I loved the writing style of author(simply conveyed his ideas)
- Mostly had those things author personally went through (motivational thing)
- Author included some scientific researches in the book about productivity that seems great approach
- Another thing from the book that inspire me is try to leave your comfort zone slowly.Most of authors say we need to break comfort zone but how an introvert or extrovert can do this.Its ok to break it but try to start with small steps.This concept hites me and I loved this one.
Overall it’s good book that teach you plenty of lessons.
Conclusion:Do it Today Summary
This was all Do it Today Summary.In nutshell,book is full of teachings on beating procrastination and becoming productive in life.If you’re one facing such issues,give it a look.For qoutes.
- If you had loved the summary share it on social media.For more books stuff visit our site